Terms & Conditions
COMPETITION RULES FOR BROWNS THE DIAMOND STORE JULY - SEPTEMBER
ALPHA WOMAN PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION RULES 2019
R100 000 Cash Prize (R50 000 to the entrant and R50 000 to their nominee or a charity of their choice)
“In every tribe, there is one woman who stands out – she is the Alpha Woman.”
Browns is in the process of designing a piece of jewellery that embodies the qualities of the Alpha Woman
We invite you to nominate an Alpha Woman and describe her characteristics and what makes her unique and inspiring.
1. Post a video of your Browns Alpha Woman nomination and describe the characteristics that define her on Instagram or Facebook post.
2. Use the hashtag #MyBrownsAlphaWoman and tag us.
3. Complete the entry form on the website along with your inspirational story.
1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organized by Browns The Diamond Store (Proprietary) Limited and its agencies (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to entrants over the age of 18 (eighteen) years in possession of a valid Identity Document or valid driver’s license or a valid Passport with the endorsed residence permit (“Participant/s/Entrant/s”), except any minor, or employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls, or is controlled by, the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by Browns The Diamond Store– or its agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies. (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a Winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the selection of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first selection.
4. By entering the Competition, all Participants and Winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by Browns The Diamond Store, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision. Browns The Diamond Store reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that Browns The Diamond Store reasonably deems necessary.
5. The Competition commences on 8 July 2019 and ends 31 August 2019 both days inclusive.
6. The prizes (“Prizes”) includes the following:
a) A portion of a total R100 000.00 grand prize to be split between the entrant and the nominee. R50 000 to the entrant and R50 000 to their nominee or a charity of their choice.
a) Participants must complete the entry form on the competition web page and post a video to their social media using the hashtag #MyBrownsAlphaWoman. Videos are to be either Instagram and/or Facebook posts; no stories will be submitted.
b) Participants must complete all fields in the online entry form for a valid entry submission to be reviewed.
c) One entry into the competition per participant is allowed.
d) The final entry submitted by a participant as at close of competition will be deemed to be the participant’s submission.
8. If a Participant successfully enters their nomination, posts their video and their details and is not deemed a ‘Disqualified Persons”, their Entry will be considered valid.
9. All Prize Winners will be determined by review of all entries and selection by a panel chosen by Browns The Diamond Store at their discretion.
a) A round of selection will take place following a panel review of submissions by a panel selected by Browns The Diamond Store. Participants who are successful will be notified and the competition winner will be announced at a Gala Event.
b) The winners will be selected by Browns The Diamond Store, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision.
10. Browns The Diamond Store reserves all rights to:
a) Select features or elements from a Participants application without accepting the entire video or inspiration story submitted.
b) Full and complete ownership of the Intellectual Property, design, patent and trademarks pertaining to the videos, content and/or pieces of jewellery and or any other products entered into the competition belong to Browns The Diamond Store.
c) Participants and/or Finalists or Winners will retain zero rights to any intellectual property design, patents, trademarks or advertising material utilized by Browns The Diamond Store during or after the competition.
d) Participants, Finalists and Winners are prohibited from advertising and or promoting the final design within their personal capacity and will be bound by a signed non-disclosure agreement. Browns The Diamond Store reserves the right to seek compensation should the participant, finalist or winner disclose any information pertaining to the competition or final design.
11. R 100 000.00 Cash Prize (“Grand Prize”)
a) Participants stand a chance of winning a portion of a R 100 000.00 cash prize.
b) To claim the Grand Prize, the Winner must produce their valid Identity Document or valid driver’s license or a valid Passport with the endorsed residence permit.
c) Browns The Diamond Store or The Promotor will call the possible finalists on the cellphone number used to enter the Competition. The possible finalist will be called once a day for 3 (three) days and if Browns The Diamond Store or Promoter is not able to contact the possible finalist during this time, Browns The Diamond Store or Promoter will move onto the next possible Winner.
d) The possible finalist will need to be verified and provide the Promoter with a certified copy of their ID/or Passport with their endorsed residences permit and South African driver’s license and complete a finalist form. Blurred or obscured copies will result in disqualification. The requested documents need to be sent within 48 (forty-eight) hours if not done the finalist will be disqualified and the Promoter will move onto the next possible finalist.
e) If the possible finalist pass the verification process and submits the required documents stipulated in rule 12d above they will be declared a Winner by Browns The Diamond Store or The Promotor. The validity of such documentation is at the Promoter’s discretion.
f) The Grand Prize winning amount (R50 000 to the entrant and R50 000 to their nominee or a charity of their choice) will be awarded to the winner at a Gala Event. Browns The Diamond Store will hand over the prize via an EFT payment into an account provided by the finalist along with an approved stamped bank account verification form.
g) If the Winner does not provide Browns The Diamond Store with a stamped and signed bank account approval form within within 21 (twenty one) working days and does not provide an updated expected collection date and time, then the Winner will forfeit the Grand Prize, and Browns The Diamond Store will move onto the next possible finalist or make a donation in the name of the winner to a charity of Browns The Diamond Store’s choice.
h) The Grand Prize does not include any bank charges or related incurred costs incurred in prize transfer.
i) Browns The Diamond Store reserves the right to change the allocation of the Grand Prize amount at their discretion if deemed necessary.
j) No liability shall attach to Browns The Diamond Store or The Promotor in relation to any claims, losses or liabilities for any loss of profit or any other direct and/or indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of any of the Prizes.
k) All Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Browns The Diamond Store. Browns The Diamond Store reserves the right, at its own discretion, to substitute a Prize with any other Prize of comparable commercial value or an appropriate replacement value in the place of the Prize.
12. In addition to any other the verification requirements set out in these Rules, Browns The Diamond Store may require the Prize Winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification, as well as supply a certified copy of their valid ID or Passport with their endorsed residence permit within 24 (twenty four) hours of being confirmed a Winner, to enable Browns The Diamond Store to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any Winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to Browns The Diamond Store.
13. Browns The Diamond Store may require the Winners to be identified and photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their Prizes and/or after having received their Prizes.
14. Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
15. All Participants and the Winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Browns The Diamond Store (Propriety) Limited, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way in this Competition including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes.
16. All entrants that engage with the promotion information will not be shared with any third parties and are strictly kept with the Promoter. All Entrants will receive future communication from Browns The Diamond Store and if the Entrant no longer wants to receive communication they can choose to Opt-out of any of the communication channels.
17. Browns The Diamond Store reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition and select Winners from the among all eligible entries received prior to the cancel.
18. By entering the competition all Participants agree to be bound by the rules, regulations and requirements set out in the promotional material. This competition is subject to South African law, and is not offered outside South Africa.
19. Competition entries are subject to the following conditions:
a) All Entries from Disqualified Participants’ will be rejected;
b) Only computer-based entries will be accepted; and
All queries in connection with the competition should be directed to Browns The Diamond Store Customer Care via email enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
20. A copy of the competition rules is available at no cost to the Participants and can be downloaded in printable form from www.brownsjewellers.com